A. Public awareness events such as Take Back the evening, the Clothesline Project, candlelight vigils, protests, survivor talk outs, or any other discussion boards, including social media marketing and course conversations, for which pupils disclose incidents of intimate misconduct, discrimination, and/or harassment aren’t considered notice to MTSU of intimate misconduct, discrimination, and/or harassment for purposes of triggering its responsibility to analyze any incident( that is particular).
B. Such activities may, nonetheless, notify the requirement for campus-wide training and avoidance efforts, and MTSU will give you details about students’ Title IX liberties at these occasions.
5. Exactly just How MTSU will consider a ask for privacy.
A. If your complainant discloses an event up to a accountable worker but desires to steadfastly keep up privacy or needs that no research into a specific event be conducted or disciplinary action taken, the University will consider that demand against its responsibility to offer a safe, non-discriminatory environment for several pupils, such as the complainant.
B. If MTSU honors the obtain privacy, the complainant should comprehend that the University’s capability to meaningfully investigate the event and pursue disciplinary action from the so-called perpetrator(s) might be restricted.
C. In many cases, MTSU may possibly not be in a position to honor a complainant’s request so that you can offer a secure, non-discriminatory environment for several pupils.
D. The Title IX Coordinator will assess demands for confidentiality as soon as an employee that is responsible on notice of alleged sexual misconduct, discrimination, and/or harassment.
E. When weighing a complainant’s ask for privacy or that no research or control be pursued, the Title IX Coordinator will give consideration to a selection of factors, including the increased danger that the so-called perpetrator will commit extra functions of intimate or other misconduct, such as for instance:
(1) Whether there has been other intimate misconduct, discrimination, and/or harassment complaints a comparable perpetrator that is alleged
(2) if the perpetrator that is alleged a history of arrests or documents from a previous school showing a history of misconduct, discrimination, or harassment;
(3) Or perhaps a perpetrator that is alleged further sexual misconduct, discrimination, and/or harassment or other misconduct up against the complainant or other people;
(4) whether or not the misconduct that is sexual discrimination, and/or harassment ended up being committed by numerous perpetrators;
(5) if the intimate misconduct, discrimination, and/or harassment had been perpetrated by having a gun;
(6) perhaps the target is a small;
(7) Whether MTSU possesses other means to get appropriate proof of the sexual misconduct, discrimination, and/or harassment; or
(8) whether or not the complainant’s report reveals a pattern of perpetration at a provided location or with a group that smoking porn is particular.
F. The current presence of a number of of these facets could lead MTSU to research and, if appropriate, pursue actions that are disciplinary.
G. If none of the facets can be found, MTSU will probably respect the request that is complainant’s privacy.
H. If MTSU determines so it cannot keep a complainant’s privacy, the Title IX Coordinator will notify the complainant before you start a study and certainly will, to your degree feasible, only share information with individuals accountable for handling the University’s response.
I. MTSU will likely not need a complainant to take part in any research or disciplinary proceeding.
E. Filing a complaint that is institutional
1. A problem may be filed straight using the individuals that are following. The complaint may be filed in any other office in the event that problem involves workers within the indicated workplace.
Title IX Coordinator
Marian V. Wilson, Ph.D. Assistant towards the President, Institutional Equity and Compliance 116 Cope Administration Building 1301 East Main Street Murfreesboro, TN 37132 (615) 898-2185 marian. Wilson@mtsu.edu
Duties and Responsibilities: Monitoring and oversight of overall utilization of Title IX Compliance at MTSU, including coordination of training, training, communications, and management of grievance procedures for faculty, staff, pupils, as well as other people for the MTSU community.
Deputy Title IX Coordinators
For complaints against pupils, faculty, staff and site visitors: If you have got a grievance against a MTSU pupil, faculty, staff, or visitor for intimate harassment, sex discrimination, or intimate assault, you could contact the Deputy Title IX Coordinator/Investigator, that is accountable for investigating complaints brought pursuant to the policy and in addition Title IX conformity, including training, training, interaction, research, and management associated with grievance procedure.
Christy C. Sigler, J.D. Deputy Title IX Coordinator/Investigator 116 Cope Administration Building 1301 East Main Street Murfreesboro, TN 37132 (615) 898-2185 christy. Sigler@mtsu.edu
For complaints against pupils: The Assistant Dean may investigate complaints brought against pupils pursuant policy and in addition is in charge of Title IX conformity in issues involving pupils, including training, education, interaction, research, and management associated with the grievance means of all complaints against MTSU students.
Laura Sosh-Lightsy Assistant Dean, workplace of Student Conduct 208 Keathley University Center 1301 East Main Street Murfreesboro, TN 37132 (615) 898-2750 laura. Lightsy@mtsu.edu
For Athletics: Complaints against MTSU pupils and workers in Athletics: when you have a grievance against an MTSU pupil, mentor, or administrator for intimate harassment, intercourse discrimination, or intimate attack, you could contact among the workplaces in the above list, or perhaps you may contact the Senior Associate Athletic Director/Senior Women’s Administrator, who can facilitate the control associated with complaint with all the appropriate workplace.
Gender Equity in Athletics: For those who have a grievance about sex equity in MTSU athletics programs, you need to contact the Senior Associate Athletics Director/Senior ladies’ Administrator, who’s accountable for Title IX Compliance in things linked to gender equity in MTSU athletics programs.
Diane Turnham Senior Associate Athletic Director/Senior Women’s Administrator 151 Murphy Center 1301 East Main Street Murfreesboro, TN 37132 (615) 898-2938 diane. Turnham@mtsu.edu
2. The University shall perhaps not share information that is personally identifiable law enforcement minus the victim’s permission or unless the target has additionally reported the event to law enforcement.
F. Inquiries or complaints Title that is concerning IX might be introduced into the U.S. Department of Education:
U.S. Department of EducationOffice for Civil Rights61 Forsyth Street, S.W., Suite 19T10Atlanta, GA 30303-8927(404) 974-9406 (phone)(404) 974-9471 (fax)ocr. Atlanta@ed.gov